We at Mac On-Site know what it’s like to have a device that needs a little TLC. From accidental damage to hardware failures, we have seen it all. When your device doesn’t work, that means lost time and money for most people. That’s one of the biggest reasons why became an Apple Authorized Service Provider, to help our customers get their devices repaired and working as quickly as possible. If you’re experiencing a hardware issue or accidentally damaged your device in anyway, we can help. In fact, depending on the situation, you may even be eligible to have your device picked up or the repair done on-site. How’s that for convenience.
Here are some helpful tips that will make your repair experience one of the best possible:
- Take notes about all of the issues you are experiencing. Even if there are multiple issues, it’s important to note them all. Include information such as when the issue happened and what you were doing on the device. If there was an error message or unusual sounds, take a picture or short video. All of these things will help our solutions experts have a clear understand of all the issues and what we will need to do to resolve them.
- Create another administrative user for us to use or change your password. We often need to log in to verify an issue is resolved. If you don’t feel comfortable providing us with your device’s current password, this set allows us to confirm that your issue is fixed without compromising your data.
- Backup your device. We can say enough about the importance of having a backup. While your device is being repaired you can still access your data from your backup. Also, in the event the repair would result in data loss, a recent backup is very important. We can help you set up time machine or provide access to our cloud backup service. If you need us to perform the backup for you, we can do so for an additional fee.
- Make an appointment. We love to have walk-in customers but repairs are done in the order we receive them. When you have an appointment, we can make sure that our experts are ready for you. If you’re not able to make an appointment, just check our store hours and stop by at least 30 minutes before closing in order for us to set up your repair.
- Consider renting a computer during your repair. Being without your device is always a challenge. This is why we offer rental devices with pre-installed software. If your iOS device falls under certain Apple repair requirements, you may be eligible for a loaner device. Unfortunately, we don’t currently offer rental iPhones or iPads.